Lausanne, Switzerland, May 31, 2017 - Russia and Argentina come head-to-head for the second time in the history of the World League, when they clash on Friday in Kazan - but Russia haven't beaten the South American in two years across in any FIVB competition.Head-to-Head
• Russia (including Soviet Union and EUN) and Argentina have met once before in the World League. Last year, Argentina claimed a straight-set victory over Russia in Group A.
• These nations most recently met in a competitive match at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (9 August 2016), when Argentina beat Russia 3-1 in the preliminary round.
• Russia's last victory over Argentina at a major tournament came on 12 September 2015, when they won 3-1 at the 2015 World Cup.Russia
• Russia have finished outside the top four in each of the previous three World League seasons, after claiming their most recent overall victory in the competition in 2013.
• Their 2013 triumph was one of three World League titles for Russia. They also emerged victorious in 2002 and 2011.
• Russia will be making their 26th participation and that includes this team campaigning as Soviet Union and the Commonwealth of Independent States.Argentina
• Argentina will make their 19th appearance in the World League.
• Argentina will take part in the competition for the ninth successive season.
• Argentina secured their best finish in the competition in 2011. They came fourth that season.