Lausanne, Switzerland, June 8, 2017 - Reigning world champions Poland take on Bulgaria Friday in Varna as they try to extend their 8-5 lead in their FIVB World League head-to-head record.Head-to-Head
• These teams will meet for the 14th time in the World League, with Bulgaria winning five and Poland winning eight of the previous 13 encounters.
• Bulgaria and Poland last clashed in the World League on 17 June 2016, when Poland recorded a 3-1 victory in Kaliningrad, Russia.
• Bulgaria last beat Poland in the World League in 2013 (twice).Bulgaria
• Bulgaria started their 2017 World League campaign with a straight-set defeat against France, a five-set loss versus Argentina and a 3-2 victory over Russia.
• Bulgaria could record back-to-back victories in the World League for the first time since a three-match winning run in June-July 2015.
• Only Brazil's Evandro Guerra (68) scored more points in Group 1 in the opening weekend than Tsvetan Sokolov (60).Poland
• Poland kicked off their 2017 World League season with victories over Brazil (3-2) and Italy (3-1) and a 3-1 loss against Iran.
• Dawid Konarski made 11 stuff blocks in the opening weekend, joint most in Group 1 along with three other players.
• Only Brazil's Ricardo Lucarelli Souza (24) made more digs in Group 1 last weekend than Michal Kubiak (23).