Lausanne, Switzerland, June 3, 2017 - Spain and Qatar come head-to-head for the very first time in an official FIVB competition when they clash on Saturday in Barcelona - both coming from opening day wins over Mexico and Greece respectively.Head-to-Head
• Spain and Qatar will meet for the first time at a major competition.
• Spain have a W11-L7 record against Asians teams in the World League, losing against Chinese Taipei in winning against Kazakhstan in last year's edition.Spain
• Spain have won their World League opening match for the third consecutive season. In 2015 and 2016 they also won their second match of the campaign.
• Spain could win back-to-back World League matches in straight sets for the first time since 2015, when they beat Venezuela and Kazakhstan.
• The last time Spain were hosts in the World League, in 2008, they won their first three matches.
• Andres Villena scored 17 points against Mexico, at least twice the amount of any of his teammates.Qatar
• Qatar opened their 2017 World League campaign with a 3-0 win over Greece.
• It marked their third win in a row in the competition, all in straight sets. The last time they lost a set was in their 3-0 defeat against Slovenia last year.
• Bojan Djukic scored 14 points against Greece, at least five more than any of his teammates. Four of those points came from blocks.