Lausanne, Switzerland, June 9, 2017 - FIVB World League debutants Estonia host Venezuela Saturday in Tallinn in what is their very first clash in any official FIVB competition.Head-to-Head
• These sides have never met in a major international competition.
• Estonia will face South American opposition for the first time in a major competition.Venezuela
• Venezuela have won seven of their last 11 World League matches (includes forfeited defeat against Austria). They had won seven of the 42 World League fixtures prior to this run.
• Venezuela could win multiple World League matches against CEV opposition in a single year for the first time since 2003, when they beat Spain twice and Poland once.
• Those two wins against Spain in 2003 was also the last time Venezuela won consecutive World League matches against CEV opposition.Estonia
• Estonia have won three of their four matches in their World League debut, only suffering defeat against Tunisia (3-1).
• Estonia have won consecutive World League matches in straight sets (versus Montenegro and Qatar). They also beat Chinese Taipei in five sets in their first-ever World League fixture.
Robert Taht (42) is Estonia's leading scorer in this year's World League. He has amassed just three points fewer than Venezuela's top scorer Ronald Jose Fayola Hurtado (45).